Our staff is supported through clinical supervision. Every three years, the agency submits to a clinical audit, a further assurance that the TNEFC provides the highest standard of service delivery to their public and private clients and business organization members. Our agency is jointly administered and currently supported by 13 work-sites in the Thompson, Merritt and Clearwater areas of BC, with 1100 employees and their families able to access our services.
As an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and an integral component of progressive employee benefit programs, TNEFC is committed to providing direct access to trained counsellors. Employees can simply and discreetly book their own appointments without sharing their involvement with their employer. Employees appreciate keeping their anonymity. We are able to assist individuals with behavioural, emotional and social issues that impact health and productivity at work and home. Our commitment to your employees' emotional and psychological well being is absolute. We know that healthy employees contribute to a successful workplace.
Our model is a unique community-based partnership with local employers and employees. The model has six distinct and essential characteristics that set it apart:
- It is a non-profit service owned and operated at the community level by those it serves.
- Unlimited counselling sessions for employee, family and retirees.
- Broad range of intervention, prevention, and wellness services.
- Affordable, proactive, prevention-focused, employee benefit program.
- Confidential services for all employees, family members and retirees.
- Work-site information seminars delivered to employees (lunchtime or evening).
- Topics determined by your health and safety committee.
This model is the only one of its kind to be recognized by the United Nations and internationally endorsed by the Canada Committee for International Year of the Family. (1994)
Non-member businesses clients:
Fee for Service + HST per session.
$Fee per employee (+HST) per year. Complete counselling coverage for employee and their family members. Quarterly or yearly payment plans.